The Tyrolean hiking hotel in the Zillertal Valley
Schiestl is the specialist for your hiking holiday in Tyrol
And it is because of our perfect location: you have direct access to the magnificent hiking areas of the front Zillertal Valley from our hotel. The Zillertal Valley is considered to be an absolute paradise for hiking enthusiasts. It stretches east of Innsbruck as far as Mayrhofen, where it divides into the four side valleys: Zillergrund, Zemmgrund, Stillupptal and Tuxer Tal. You will find the heavenly Zillertal Alps Nature Park to the rear of the valley. The main ridge of the Zillertal Valley presents itself on the border with South Tyrol. Surrounded by 55 three-thousand-metre peaks, the Zillertal Valley offers limitless hiking pleasure to suit every taste.
The Spieljoch lift ...
... is located directly in front of our hotel, which you can use to comfortably reach your hiking destination. The public bus to Hochfügen also stops right in front of the hotel. Experience wonderful hikes covering all levels of difficulty in the heart of the fantastic Spieljoch and Hochfügen region. Many of them have been awarded the Tyrolean Hiking Seal of Quality. You will learn fascinating facts about flora, fauna as well as the Zillertal Valley and Tuxer Valley mountain world on a private hike with our certified mountain hiking guide. An unforgettable experience!
We offer you the best service for your hike:
- Hiking guide & vitality trainer at the hotel
- Equipment rental - backpacks and hiking poles
- 3-4 guided hikes per week from Monday to Saturday (June to October)
- Hiking information with hiking maps and excursion brochures
- Tour suggestions
Our partners for all hiking matters
- Mountain guide Manfred Brandacher for your exclusive high Alpine tours
- Sport Unterlercher with 5 shops in Fügen
- Sports Bründl directly by the Spieljochbahn valley station